We’re Not Your Typical Geek Squad
Keeping our clients safe and stable 24/7/365 is the Maxwell IT mantra. We’re super-committed to our clients; at the same time, we work hard to maintain a work/life balance for our team. Tremendous efficiency in business are gained through optimized technology, and bringing that concept to life is what we do every day at Maxwell IT—and we’re having a heck of a lot of fun building our careers along the way.
If working for a well-respected, fun, regionally recognized IT company sounds appealing to you, take some time and check us out. At Maxwell IT, we’re not only very good at what we do, we are also proud of how we get things done.
You’ll get to lead challenging initiatives with industry-leading technology and you’ll have a voice when it comes to the type of projects you work on. Build your skills, career and network with every engagement and experience great variety that never gets old.
Culture & Values
Remarkable. It’s a word that describes the clients we serve, the work we do and the Maxwell IT engineers. It’s also how we describe our culture, which is based on collaboration, mutual respect and a shared passion for succeeding together.
Maxwell IT encourages you to have a life outside of work. You can work locally and build long-lasting relationships with local clients, plus get to work with people who want to make an impact in their communities.
You work in a place that takes pride in building trust and relationships. You get to chart your career path based on what’s important to you. Your values, your leadership skills, your expertise—they actually matter.
Your colleagues know their stuff, and they’re eager to collaborate and share. For them, people come first whether it’s at work, home or in their communities. They think that success is something that’s meant to be shared. And that makes them the kind of people you’ll want to be around.
Positions Now Open:
Seattle: Level II Systems Engineer
Portland: Level II Systems Engineer
Maxwell IT is the leading Managed Service Provider for clinics and hospitals located the Greater Northwest. We use the most cutting edge tools and support technologies available to bring our clients maximum efficiency and the ability to provide healthcare excellence. For our employees, this translates to excellent learning opportunities and exposure to the best methods for IT service delivery in the industry and great team-oriented. We provide a collaborative-based office environment, amazing growth opportunities and outstanding rewards. We are the best and most trusted healthcare IT provider in the Northwest — offering maximum network up-time, excellent client service and comprehensive, standards-based system solutions. We do this by employing highly capable people with an interest in being part of a growing organization while maintaining a work/life balance.
Job Description for Level II Systems Engineer:
The candidate for the position of Level II Systems Engineer must have a good understanding of the most common and popular networking technologies as well as some of the more mature ones. This person should then be able to troubleshoot/or solve problems in environments rich in Microsoft Server, Exchange, IIS, Cisco Internetworking, VMWare, VPNs, firewalls, antivirus and backups. Watchguard, StorageCraft, and/or Veeam experience is helpful. In addition to a strong technical aptitude, backed by at least 5 years of hard core in the trenches experience, this person must be a powerful communicator and be able to work effectively both independently and as a team player. We are also looking for someone who would like to expand their technical skillset and credentials in systems security.
Server Operating Systems: Windows 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016
- Configure file, print and remote access services
- Basic administration, including add/remove users and groups, GPO, configure file permissions, check event logs, configure and restore from backup
- Required: Exchange Server 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Configuration and troubleshooting of clients, including remote clients
- Administration of enterprise e-mail application, including add/remove users and group, configure folder permissions if applicable, forward mail to other accounts
- Installation, re-installation and configuration. Troubleshooting of user profile issues. Batch files proficiency.
- Configuration of standard POP, SMTP & Exchange clients including Outlook
- Solid understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware including video cards, NICs, sound cards, hard drives, and SmartPhones
- Working Knowledge of Enterprise Backup Systems; Veeam or StorageCraft preferable
- Preferred: Office365, Hosted Exchange and SharePoint, Azure or AMS
Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) Tools:
- Working knowledge of LabTech and ConnectWise or similar tools
- Experience in installation, configuration and customization of RMM tools
- Required: Microsoft Hyper-V or/and VMWare
- Experience in migration from physical to virtual environment
Other Technical Knowledge
- Solid understanding of and ability to configure TCP/IP sub netting and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
- Experience with and understanding of routers and firewalls
- Experience and understanding of Terminal Services & Citrix
Please send resume and references to email@example.com